- Simple–Easy to install, configure, and use.
- Scalable–Modular capacity depending on data center needs.
- Flexible–Source or target deduplication, a solution for the data center, remote office/branch office and virtual machine backups.
- Reliable–enterprise-class hardware and software.
The NetBackup appliances share many common features:
- Installs in minutes
- Built-in client and target deduplication
- Inline and post-process deduplication
- Optimized synthetic backup to minimize data movement
- Bandwidth efficient, built-in disk to disk replication for disaster recovery and an alternative solution to tape based vaulting
- Tape support for long term data retention
- Hardware monitoring with call home feature
Symantec’s NetBackup Appliance family consists of two series:
- NetBackup 5200 series – a single-vendor enterprise backup appliance with deduplication that can be deployed as a master server, media server, or both for a NetBackup domain.
- NetBackup 5000 series – a content aware, scalable global deduplication appliance for the enterprise.
Ease of Installation
NetBackup appliances come preinstalled with all necessary hardware and software components and can be set up within minutes.